Wednesday 14 March 2012

What women want

Shabana
Shabana Azmi: Separate but equal/different but equal surely must become the axiom for Women's Day. Men and Women are different... and this difference needs to be celebrated. I salute the women's movement for creating space that has allowed many of us to walk the untrodden path
Shabana
The woman I admire most is my mother Shaukat Kaifi. I find inspiration from my maid who washes our dishes so her daughters can go to English school, from women who work in the fields and factories. More power to women

Raima
Raima Sen: Being a woman for me means a number of things. Independence, strength, grace, determination... I'd like to do more roles of substance, stronger characters. On a personal level, I'd like to be more resolute and go out there to make a difference. The woman who inspires me most is my grandmother Suchitra Sen

Aditi
Aditi Rao Hydari: Being a woman means turning every negative into a positive... mustering a great inner strength in the toughest and gentlest of circumstances. In most societies, women are taught to hide their inherent sensuality grace and beauty. Every woman must be allowed to be herself. Speaking for cinema, I wish our movies wouldn't objectify women... I'm inspired by any woman who has worked with passion and lived with grace

Pooja
Pooja Bedi: Being a woman is the most complete experience. We embody and express naturally the qualities of nurturing and empathy, gentleness and compassion and an incredible inner strength. We are Laxmi, Saraswati, Parvati, Durga and Kali. Personally on this Women's Day I see no need for change

Alisha
Alisha Chinai: The only way to get power is to give it away. No one understands this more than a woman. She has the ultimate unimaginable power... The women who inspire me? Sonia Gandhi, Eva Peron and Madonna