Thursday 2 February 2012

Quirky Oscar moments

adrien.jpg-243-12105
Adrien Brody, the youngest performer ever to win the Best Actor award planted a passionate kiss on Halle Berry's lips after she presented him with the trophy. Adrien then remarked to Berry, "Bet you didn't know that was in the gift bag."
AP9403080311.jpg-242-1210 …
In his Academy Award acceptance speech for his performance in 'Philadelphia', Tom Hanks thanked his gay drama teacher Rawley Farnsworth for being one of his inspiration for portraying the challenging role of a homosexual man. He thereby 'outed' him by publically .This incident inspired Frank Oz to make a movie 'In and Out' starring Matt Dillion and Kevin Kline.
AP99032101833.jpg-242-121 …
Who could forget Roberto Benigni's acrobatics at the 1998 Oscars? Benigni made his way to the stage by climbing on the back of chairs to accept his Best Actor award.
AP00032601024.jpg-242-121 …
Angelina Jolie, who won the Best Supporting Actress award for 'Girl, Interrupted', said: "I'm in shock. And I'm so in love with my brother right now, he just held me and said he loved me."
Jolie's speech raised many eyebrows and she proved it to the world that she is a 'girl interrupted' in actual life too.
kid_rock.jpg-242-12101
When Nicole Kidman lost to Halle Berry the Best Actress trophy, Chris Rock made fun of Nicole Kidman's 100 watt smile. He said, "The only acting you ever see at the Oscars is when people act like they're not mad they lost. Nicole Kidman was smiling so wide, she should have won an EMMY at the Oscars for her great performance. I was like, if you'd done that in the movie, you'd have won an Oscar, girl."
AP01032504806.jpg-242-121 …
When Julia Roberts won the Best Actress Award, she took total control of the stage by telling the orchestra conductor Tom Conti to sit down and let her finish her long emotional speech.
jack2.jpg-242-12102
Jack Palance dropped to the floor and performed one-handed push-ups to demonstrate his strength even at age 73, while accepting the Best Supporting Actor Award for City Slickers.
AP9703240771.jpg-242-1209 …
When Cuba Gooding Jr. won the Best Supporting Actor award for 'Jerry Maguire' in 1997, he was jumping on the stage like an excited kid shouting: "I love you! Tom Cruise! I love you, brother! I love you, man!...Everybody, I love you. I love you all," , before sealing his speech with a loud 'Hallelujah'.
AP050227039810.jpg-242-12 …
After winning the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for 'The Aviator', Blanchett said: " Thank you to Martin Scorsese - I hope my son will marry your daughter."